Monday, October 25, 2010

Men, Women and the X Chromosome

I have a lot of pregnant friends right now and they all are having boys except for one friend who is having a little girl (obviously, I mean she isn't having an alien).  Anyways, this got me thinking about the sex of the baby and how the parents DNA make the sex.  A tiny bit of research through google answered that question for me.  The father's sperm determines the babies sex (which by the way is totally unfair, women as always do all the work and men make all the decisions). 

I started thinking even more about this (I am really bored at work right now), and human DNA.  Oh I should tell you right now that I am not a science person at all; everything I am about to share with you is my logical opinion on this subject.  There was absolutely NO scientific research done what-so-ever!!!!!! I am guessing that because men have both the X and Y chromosome, this makes them able to decide the sex of the baby.  From this I made a few conclusions.  For starters, men need women.  I know you are wondering how the heck do I get that out of the fact that men have both chromosomes.  I bet you are saying that it is just the opposite, that because men have both chromosomes, they don't need women.  I disagree; if God thought that women needed manly traits he would have given us both chromosomes, but instead he knew that a woman could make it without a man and that we do not need male traits at all.  This is probably due to the fact that men are incredibly simple characters.  I mean what do they really contribute? Just kidding (a little bit). Men however need women, the Y chromosome alone is not enough so God had to through an X up in there.  They wouldn't be able to think at all if they didn't have at least one female chromosome.  But because women have 2, we are super intellectual and therefore able to survive without the aid of a man.  Think about  it, women can do everything a man can do, but a man cannot do everything a woman can do, hmm...

Next conclusion: Men who have at least one daughter probably have a stronger X chromosome than those men who are not able to produce daughters.  As a side note, I would like to now show my sympathy for those fathers who have not had the pleasure to be blessed with a daughter, I feel truly sorry those of you in that position.  OK, moving on... Like I was saying, I believe these men have stronger X chromosomes and therefore have more female tendencies.  These men are more likely the men who like to dress nice, who can appreciate activities other than but as well as sports, men who tend to have more female friends, men who can relate to and understand women.  Basically the men us women want to marry.  I think men with all sons (or men who have a tendency to produce only males) have a weaker X chromosome.  These are the men who sit on the couch all weekend watching football and demanding beer.  These are the men that us women try to avoid.

What I am getting at here is this.. If this can be or already has been proven scientifically, women would have a much easier time picking their mates.  We could tell so much about the man that we are interested in and decide very early on whether he is worth our time or not.  I know I have been in this situation and would have loved to have saved my time.  Just a little something to think about!

No comments: