Hi everyone, my name is Jessica and I live in Brooklyn. Brooklyn is such an interesting place, but I will get to all that business later. Right now, I just want to introduce myself to all of you. I grew up in a suburb of NYC called Poughkeepsie (thats po-keep-see, for those of you unfamiliar with this popular town). I was born and raised there and just recently left, well 2 years ago. I spent the previous 24 years living with my parents in their home in Poughkeepsie. I have one brother, who left the house when I was 13 to go to college. He pretty much never came back to the house to live which made me an only child for 11 years, hahaha, I'm just playin, he came back occaisionally. But, I am the favored child :) So anyways, there is so much to me, but I will keep it short for introducution purposes, as you will soon learn more than you ever wanted to know about me.
Like I said, I grew up in Poughkeepsie, NY and I went to highschool at Arlington Highschool, that was, what I thought at the time, the worst years of my life. I hated that place, the teachers were racist and the kids were stuck up rich snobs, but i still managed to make some wonderful friends there that I will keep for life. Many of whom, may be reading this blog today, HI!!!! After graduating from there, I thought I wanted something different. Honestly, I had enough of being discriminated against (you will see that equality for all is one of my major stand points in life), so I was off to Hampton University, where I was sure that I could get a quality education and finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Boy was I wrong. If I ever felt really uncomfortable with who I was, it was there. But again, I will tell you more about those expeirences later.
I left hampton after only 1 semster, I was misreable there. I came back to Poughkeepsie, so sad, and moved back in with my parents. Now, after I left there, I had serious issues, I had to seek therapy and oh do I have thoughts on that, again ... later. I enrolled in community college for a year til I could recover and then I finished my studies at Marist College, which was in a funny twist exactly like Arlington Highschool, except I found the teachers to be fair, they really weren't racist at all. I rather liked "most" of my professors, one very much so in particular.
So I graduated from Marist, after 4 short but very challenging years, and was on my way to NYC. I don't know what I was thinking, I hate NYC, but that is where I got a job. I was hired by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (lets just call this place PwC in the future) as a Tax Associate in the NY Metro Investment Management Group. Hmmmmm.... is all I have to say about that for now. In any event, I am still employed there to this day and working in the same group. The last 2 years of my life have been major. A lot has happened to me, I have grown tremendoulsy in those years and have made some awesome friends that I really hope I keep for life.
This blog spot will talk to you a lot about my past, present and future in hopes to teach you all a little bit more about who I am, where I came from and where I am hoping to go in the future. Take it for what it is and nothing more than that, and hopefully you will enjoy what I have to say. All of what I say are just my thoughts on life, I certainly do not expect everyone to agree with me on everything, but I hope that it gets you thinking or maybe you will just think I am crazy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
dope blog...when do you get the part about your wonderful brother?
love it!!!!
Go Poughkeepsie!
Post a Comment