Sunday, October 26, 2008

Life Isn't A Movie

I watched a really awesome and touching movie today called "August Rush". I don't know if many of you are familiar with this movie, but it is about a young boy who searches for his birth parents through thier common love of music. This movie was so touching and ofcourse had a happy ending. As wonderful as this movie was, it made me reflect on the many non-happy endings I have had in my life, and I thought to myself, well "life isn't a movie".


I don't know about you all, but I have had lots of dissappointments, many of which have occurred with in the last 2 years. I spend so much time looking for that perfect moment, those things that will please me, basically, a movie life. What I am beginning to realize is that there is no such thing. We all expereience heart ache and discomfort, but we have to find ways to release this negative energy so that we can find peace and happiness. This is becoming increasingly harder to do, especially in light of the recent events with our troubling economy. With so many people losing thier jobs, and the market becomig non-existent, many of us are finding ourselves in a state of depression.

These are hard times, and while I do not want to harp on that right now, I feel it is important to stress how bad things are, because I fear we have not seen anything yet folks. We are all going to have to come up with ways to make ourselves and those around us happy. But I think what is most important from all of this is that we all learn from this so that it does not happen to us again in the future. I know I myself have slowed my spending; I have really started to watch my every dime, which means no more regular cup of starbucks for me, so sad. That is a hard one to swallow (no pun intended) for me, and I think people all over the country are experimenting with this exercise, which can make for unhappy times if we allow it.

The point of all this people is that, yes, now is a very depressing time, but lets try to find those things that can make us happy during this depressing time. Let's make our own happiness! I absolutley adore my family and love spending time with them. Nothing makes me happier than being with my family. All the money in the world could not make me as happy as being with them, so I am really looking forward to this upcoming holiday season even though my family has decided to not spend a lot of money this year on gifts. But what I have realized is that the gifts do not make me happy, being with the ones I love makes me happy!

I do not have any advice for you on what can make you happy. You have to find your own happiness. You have to search for that thing that makes you happy. Maybe it is a good book, a good movie, working in the yard, cooking, playing with your kids, I do not know, that is a personal thing. What I can tell you is that now, more than ever, it is really important that we all find those things that make us happy, do not allow yourselves to get caught in all the negative energy that surrounds us today. It is important to keep moving, keep upbeat and most of all keep your faith in GOD. We will all get through this. But stop looking for that movie ending, cause that just is not real. Remember that we all go through ups and downs, and that a movie always ends on an up. So I guess a better way to think of it is like this: Life is a series of happy endings followed by a series of not so happy endings. So let's focus on those happy endings. Til next time my friends!!!

No comments: